Transformers play an important role in power plants. However, due to their various structures, processes, and operation and maintenance, transformer faults occur frequently in power plants, which greatly affects the normal production of power plants.
This article is mainly about the production process of low-frequency transformers, and briefly describes the production process of low-frequency transformers.
Low frequency transformer production process introduction
In the manufacturing process of the transformer, its various structures (including wire racks, bushings, and iron cores) should be selected according to different needs to select different materials and different structural designs for processing.
The wire frame, also known as the skeleton, as the name implies, plays a role in supporting the coil in the low-frequency transformer. According to the material of the low-frequency transformer, we can classify the materials into two major categories: thermoplastic and thermoset. Nylon, PET plastic and PBT plastics are thermoplastic materials, while thermosetting materials are often used in PM bakelite. After selecting the materials, the wire frame should be made according to the shape of the designed low-frequency transformer. At this time, the wire frame can be divided into cells, double grid, drawer type, and sub-mother.
The iron core is one of the most important components in low-frequency transformers, and silicon steel sheets are commonly used today. However, silicon steel sheets can be divided into many types according to different basis. For example, according to different manufacturing processes, they can be divided into calcined and non-calcined. If they are different according to shape, they can be classified into EI type, C type and mouth type. According to other performance indicators of the transformer, the iron core can be selected so that the low frequency transformer can work in harmony. For example, in a higher power transformer, we often use a lip-shaped silicon steel sheet because of its advantages of good heat dissipation, good insulation, and short magnetic path. In addition, different types of silicon steel sheets can be combined to obtain different types. For example, two C-types can form CD-type silicon steel sheets, and four C-types can form ED-type silicon steel sheets. The types of coils are generally in the system of centimeters and imperials. In both systems, the dimensions are in millimeters (mm) and inches (inch), respectively, indicating their width and thickness.
The variety of casings is also very versatile. The casings commonly used in the process of making low-frequency transformers are Teflon, silicone rubber bushings, PVC bushings, etc. Teflon has the advantages of high temperature resistance, acid and alkali resistance and wear resistance, and is widely used in electronics and machinery industries. In addition, the size of the window should be considered when making the low-frequency transformer. The window area should be at least larger than the cross-sectional area of the coil after the core is wound to ensure that the insulating material and the required coil can be placed in the low-frequency transformer.
- Analysis of the causes of failure of low frequency transformer
- What are the advantages of the low-frequency transformer double-wire winding method?
- What should you pay attention to during the use of integrated molded chip inductors?
- Donggang Electronics teaches you how to distinguish the specifications of the magnetic loop coil
- How is the magnetic loop inductor coil tested?
- Low frequency transformer winding method and precautions
- Audio transformer manufacturers tell you what role audio transformers have
- Common Fault Analysis and Treatment Measures in Low Frequency Transformer Operation
- Analysis of working principle of magnetic ring transformer
- What are the classifications of low frequency transformers?
- Daily maintenance and common problems of low frequency transformers
- What are the precautions for using magnetic loop inductors?
- How is the magnetic loop coil tested?
- Audio transformer manufacturers give you some tips on audio transformers